It Started With an Idea
Boecore’s CEO, Kathy Boe, a former software engineer, founded Boecore with the idea of creating an engineering firm dedicated to the kind of profoundly ethical practices she saw in the military personnel around her. She realized that trust was the most valuable commodity in the defense industry, and she would build that trust, brick by brick, contract by contract, year by year. Kathy’s dedication to unwavering ethical practices not only led to remarkable growth, it also attracted the high energy people who share her vision.
Those people would set the foundation for Boecore’s initial and ongoing success. From the beginning, Kathy realized that top-down management would not bring about the best results for employees or customers. So she turned the organization chart upside down, creating a servant leadership team that focused on providing outstanding customer service for employees. It didn’t take long to confirm that satisfied employees results in satisfied customers.
Today Boecore remains committed to its customers and employees – our commitment shows in the way our employees bring their “A” game to every program Boecore supports, whether as a prime or subcontractor. It shows in the way Boecore recognizes and celebrates employee life events such as a new baby or a wedding or the way our customers appreciate the contributions that our employees bring to their programs.
The Boecore Way means that Boecore employees quickly realize they are not (and never will be) just a number.
- 2000 – Boecore begins its operations as an IT & Engineering service company
- 2005 – New office in Wells Fargo Building
- 2005 – Mentor-Protégé Program with Northrop Grumman
- 2005 – Socio-Economic Business Supplier Award (NG)
- 2006 – Northrop Grumman Corporate World Class Team Award
- 2007 – SHRM – Top 20 Companies to work for in Colorado
- 2007 – Received 2 NG Mission Sector Supplier Awards (JRDC and RISS)
- 2007 – Launched BPS staffing subsidiary company (Boecore Professional Solutions)
- 2008 – Office of the Secretary of Defense Nunn-Perry Award
- 2010 – NGIS Top Sector Supplier Award
- 2013 – Northrop Grumman World Class Team Supplier Award
- 2013 – Kathy Boe wins Accolades Business Leader of the Year Southern Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- 2013 – Company of the Year Award (Colorado Springs Business Alliance)
- 2014 – Northrop Grumman Top Supplier Award
- 2015 – Northrop Grumman Supplier Excellence Award